Wednesday, September 14, 2011

shhh! Don't tell anyone.

dirty little secret time......

So I'm pretty well known for being a great home maker. I bake, I sew, I try to DIY as much as possible. I make my kids birthday cakes. I sew their Halloween costumes. I bake challah every Friday night.

People always talk about how lucky my kids are. How they are spoiled even. But guess what?
I don't do any of it for my kids!

I do it for me. I do it because I like to eat good food. I don't make special dinners for them. I do it for me. I don't sew because my kids begged me or asked me too. I do it because I enjoy finding the time to create. I don't make homemade yogurt because it's better for my kids. I do it because it tastes better. I prep dinner at 9AM so I can nap with the baby at 4PM.

But what pisses me off?
Is when people assume I'm doing it because I'm trying to be the best Mom in the world. Believe me, I'm far from it!

(Let's not even talk about how my kids LOVE when I give them hot dogs for Shabbat dinner with a challah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment